Friday, January 30, 2009

Friends forgotten and lost

We all have in our life friends, tucked into the folds of memory, who have made life special. Some have forgotten you and some you have forgotten.

I had read an article in which the author shared that sometimes let memories be just that. Do not try to catch it again. That moment is gone, and trying to catch up/relive them is not a wonderful affair. You may end up remembering the botched up conversation and lose the beautiful moments of yesteryears.

To confess there was someone whom I wanted to speak to for years together. She was my childhood friend. We might have not known each other for more that three years, but her memory was deeply etched in my mind. I googled her name, searched in Orkut, batchmate sites and then after 16 years found her again on Facebook.

It should have been great. Yet the lady responded in pleasant surprise in one mail and then never wrote back. I do not know if I was happy to hear she was alive, happy and doing well; or feel cheated for losing my fondest of childhood memories.

Life has dealt us our cards; and I believe each person meets you at a point of time in your life for a reason. Yes, one can argue that sites like I mentioned above have united many long lost friends.

Perhaps I am just unlucky in this field. I have lost dear friends to time, to their busy lifestyles, to their better halves…. Some, I realized much later, were around only because I had the power influence great decisions at work; their bonuses depended on what I thought of their ideas. Sad!! I am such an oaf; never recognized them.

Hmmm, anyway the better halves line is interesting…I need to do another post for that!

No comments: