Friday, March 13, 2009

What changed?

Logged to an old networking site… Been there for ages; though in the past year I have been quite invisible…

I was reading my old messages. Mails I sent, and many that I received over the years….yes I have a problem deleting old letters, cards etc…

You know, what I noticed? I was different…or may be my life was different.

I have grown up now. Become less patient, exuberant and spontaneous as I used to be.

Yet I have come into my own; I am confident, secure and more a girl than the tomboy of yesteryears. I do not exchange SMSes like a love struck teenager, and I do not appreciate being called ‘babes’, ‘sweetie’, ‘bubbly’…except from my loved ones.

I do not care for virtual friends; I have started valuing far too greatly the real world relationships.

I even look much better; gone are the flared jeans and oversized pullovers. You’d most likely see me in a snug trouser or jeans and a lovely smart top/t-shirt.

I used to laugh with little inhibition; and the people around me joined in. We used to have a wonderful time together. But the city changed, people changed, work changed and I grew up….

Today I still miss laughing with my friends and colleagues. Flashing a smile and winking at my friends when a cute group of guys passed by…. Going to sleep with no one asking me to ensure I have my cell phone, laptop and other senses on stand by in case one of the super Bosses had to ask me a trivial question…

I love my life today as a confident young professional; but I have started questioning why we all are expected to lock up our innocence and youth each day as we grow older?

No comments: