Monday, February 1, 2010

An online brain, anyone?

An online brain, anyone?        


As a child I wished, prayed and begged the Almighty to insert a microchip in my brain. Why? Well then I would just once read a text book and voila, I would remember it forever. Exams would be a piece of cake! No unnecessary formulas and equations to crowd my mind…. Paradise.

Today, having a digital record of everything is a reality. Record on your cell phone, computer, Twitter, Orkut, Facebook, YouTube etc etc etc. Am I still praying for the chip? No!

Privacy is something I learnt to care for. I also discovered that finding your old friends, could also bring back memories of feeling like a complete oaf during a certain Art class. Remembering everything means remembering every single heartache, stomach infection and TV re-run!

No, I am pretty glad I have a brain to edit out the details. I am happy that it wasn’t reduced to sloth! Ok, so I had to really study hard and remember all types of algorithms and trigonometry junk, which I don’t recall too well. But hey, the rest of the stuff helped! The basics are important; god help the kids who now use only the calculator.

4 comments:

KaNwaR said...

Damnit! i wanna be a cyborg! Somebody install an ipod into my head , or a microchip, or a hot-chick radar!

KaNwaR said...

oh wait, i already have the hot-chick radar

Akansha Pradhan said...

the hot chic radar! seriously?

KaNwaR said...

am not referring to the poultry kind!